Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Want to improve your relationship with raw broccoli? Try this super simple and outrageously delicious recipe for the un-cooks.
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 1 medium sized head organic broccoli
- 1/4 cup(40g) chopped red onion
- 1 large carrot,grated
- 2 ribs celery,chopped (or sub diced green apple)
- 1 cup(120g) spicy pecans,chopped
- 1/2 cup(75g) dried cranberries (or raisins)
- 1/4 cup(30g) un-bacon bits
- 3/4 cup(165g) vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup (or sub maple syrup,agave,etc)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons spicy or honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (add more if you like it hot!
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.In a small saucepan, heat oil, spices and agave for about 15-30 seconds on medium high heat. Remove from heat. Stir in pecans and toss to coat. Transfer nuts to a baking sheet and spread evenly. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, until nuts are toasted. Keep our eye on them and give them a stir to make sure they do not burn. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl,combine vegan mayo,mustard,curry powder and brown rice syrup.Mix well, add salt & pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cut broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces add to large mixing bowl. Toss in carrots,celery,onions,pecans,cranberries.Pour in dressing and mix until veggies are well coated. Add un-bacon bits right before serving.
- Note: This salad tastes best after being refrigerated for a few hours before serving. Keep unused portion in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.